Lingo” is Latin for language and, coincidentally, means apple in Japanese.
Language is an indispensable element for intercultural communication. We are seriously endeavoring to promote internationalization in the local community from the aspect of “language”.
For those who would like to study Japanese as a foreign language we offer high quality lessons at reasonable rates taught by a staff with an abundance of experience.
Our mission is, through language teaching and awareness raising efforts, to deepen mutual understanding between different cultures and contribute to the promotion of each individual's true internationalization.
- Students Needs
- We strive to answer each learners needs
- We provide high quality lessons at reasonable prices.
- We provide consultation on how to study effectively.
- Quality Staff
- We strive to maintain a top quality staff at all times.
- Cultural Understanding
- We teach the culture and manners behind the language.
- Lessons at your office/home
- The popular out service courses for businessmen and their families enjoy
a good reputation and many word of mouth recommendations.
- Lessons at the school
- As far as schedules allow we can give lessons at the school.
- Please contact us for further details.
- -Free level check/consultation
- -No registration fee
- -Great range of learning materials.
- -The course is taught by a licensed teacher of Japanese with a wealth of
experience in teaching Japanese to non-native speakers both in Japan and overseas.
- -The course is tailor -made to fit the needs of the students.
- -All levels and anyone with an interest in the Japanese language and culture
- -For learners at the intermediate level and above, classes are conducted
in Japanese only.
- -For basic and elementary students, the teacher can provide thorough grammar
explanations in English.
- Among the companies that have used Lingo Institute's services are the following:
・Animal Planet Japan
・JP Morgan Asset Management Japan
・Jupiter Shop Channel
・Liberty Global Japan
・Standard Chartered Bank
- Yasuko Harada
MA in Applied Japanese Linguistics at the SOAS, University of London, UK
BA in Arts, English Literature Course at Ferris Women’s University, Yokohama, Japan
The Japanese Teachers’ Training Course at the Institute of International Education in London, UK
|Teaching Experience ：
- SOAS Language Centre, University of London
- Institute of International Education in London
- The Society to Introduce Kanazawa to the World, Ishikawa, Japan
- -There is no registration fee.
- -Prior to the first lesson a 40 minute level check will be given free of
- -Tuition is paid on a monthly basis, payable in the fourth week of the preceding
- -In the case that a student quits in the middle of the month, the remaining
tuition is nonrefundable.
- -In the case of company paying, payment method is negotiable
- Lesson Days and Number of Lessons per Month:
- -Lessons are generally taken on a given day and time four times a week.
- -The minimum number of lessons is four a month.
- -In the case that, for example, a student takes lessons on Monday and there
are five Mondays in a given month, then in principal the fifth one will be a
holiday; but if so desired, a lesson can be taken on a “fifth day”. Of course
the extra lesson would be charged at the regular rate.
- -The fifth day may also be used to make up a regularly scheduled lesson that
had been canceled for whatever reason.
- Canceling Lessons:
- -Group and semi-private lesson schedules are fixed and cannot be rescheduled at short notice.
- -Private students who would like to cancel a lesson are asked to contact
us by 5:00 p.m. of the previous day. If they do so, then the lesson can be rescheduled
on a different day and time during that or the following month.
- -If we are contacted after 5:00 p.m. then the lesson can be canceled but
not rescheduled. Canceled lessons that are not made up within the current
or following month are nonrefundable.
- -In the case of typhoons or heavy snow we will contact students on the day
prior to their lesson to let them know that the lesson has been canceled. If
you don’t hear from us, then lessons will be held as scheduled. If a lesson is
canceled due to inclement weather it will be rescheduled for another day if at
- Changes in the Number of Students in Group Lessons:
- -In the case that the member of students in a group decreases, resulting in, for example, a small group becoming a semi-private group, or a semi-private group becoming a private lesson, then the lower tuition will be charged for the following month and efforts made to find new members to make up the original numbers. If no new members can be found within a month, tuition will be charged according to the number of members in the group.
- Additional Fees:
- -Charges for textbooks and other materials (\1,000~ \10,000) are not included in the tuition fee. For details, please see the tuition page.
- Price per person
- Out service(出張レッスン)の場合は1回につき交通費として900円いただきます。
- 900 yen transportation fee per visit not included
Personal information compiled on this website will not be released to third parties without the consent of the person concerned. However, in the event of a request for information from a court, the police, consumer center, or other authorized agency, we will respond by disclosing the requested information.
The use of the data released on this website for the purpose of distributing or reproducing in any manner, in whole, or in part, is strictly prohibited without prior written consent from Lingo Institute.
|School name ：
|Field of business ：
||Language education, consultation
||Komine Building 3F, Takasago, Urawa-ku, Saitama-shi, Saitama-ken, 330-0063 Japan